Zygomatic Implant Oncology Course - 6th & 7th December 2019
Come and experience
This hands-on course, aimed at Consultants (and senior trainees) in OMFS/Maxillofacial Prosthodontics, is the first of it's kind in the UK.
It brings together over 10 years of clinical experience from this Liverpool-based clinical team in the use of conventional and oncology-modified Zygomatic Implants in the prosthetic rehabilitation of patients with maxillary and mid-facial malignant tumours.
We invite you to join us for a two-day intensive experience that brings together treatment planning discussions, didactic clinical training and cadaveric workshop incorporating the use of conventional and oncology Zygomatic Implants as well as the placement of other angled implants with significant advantages in the oncology setting. The course is being held in the Manchester Surgical Simulation Centre, a state of the art training facility in the heart of Manchester, UK.
Find out how to take the low-level maxillectomy patient from resection to full fixed prosthodontic rehabilitation within a matter of weeks post surgery and how zygomatic implants can be used to provide early loading opportunities for patients requiring prosthodontics obturator, rhinectomy and/or mid-facial resections.
Prof Chris Butterworth
Consultant in Maxillofacial Prosthodontics,
University Hospital Aintree,
Liverpool, United Kingdom.
By the end of the course the delegate will;
- Understand the indications and surgical techniques for the placement of angled implants including co-axial dental, conventional zygomatic and oncology zygomatic implants.
- Understand how to insert conventional zygomatic implants with appropriate management of the maxillary sinus and when to undertake localised bone grafting at time of placement.
- Have experience of the use of piezo surgical techniques in maxillary and mid-face resection and in conjunction with zygomatic implant placement.
- Understand when bony reconstruction is required following maxillectomy and when soft tissue reconstruction will suffice.
- Have experience in placing angled dental implants and oncology modified zygomatic implants and understand the differences in the placement techniques of each.
- Have hands on experience in and understand the rationale behind the ZIP Flap technique in rapid fixed dental rehabilitation following low level maxillectomy.
- Have hands on experience in the horizontal placement of zygomatic implants to support nasal and mid-facial prostheses.
- Understand the survival rates of zygomatic implants when placed both at primary cancer surgery and in the secondary setting.
Southern Implants UK LTD
Suite 366, Building 3, Chiswick Park, 566 Chiswick High Road, London, W4 5YA, UK
Southern Implants has been a pioneer in the top-end specialist sector of the dental implant market since 1987, servicing maxillofacial and craniofacial surgeons, prosthodontists, periodontists and general dental practitioners alike. Southern Implants works with leading rehabilitation centers around the world to develop innovative treatment solutions in cancer and trauma patients.
Tel: 0044 20 8899 6846
Jewel Management Ltd
(Trading as General Medical)
Crown House, Waller Road, Devizes, SN10 2GH
General Medical supplies a range of surgical instruments, implant surgical consumables as well as advanced surgical systems including: Mectron Piezosurgery Flex and Plus units for efficient bone cutting without soft tissue damage.
Piezosurgery offers safe solutions in a wide range of clinical indications across a whole range of specialties.
Polydiagnost micro endoscopes for salivary gland and TMJ arthroscopy.
Zepf surgical instruments and a wide choice of Viscot tissue marking devices.
Tel: +44 (0)1380 734990
Fax: +44 (0)1380 739801
Please Contact us by email if you have any questions around eligibility, course details or payment matters - We would love to hear from you and will always try and respond to your query within 24 hours.